Chronicles of a seeker diving into the unknown

Bhagwat Gita says

"Know the self by serving a master with an attitude of surrender, by questioning him (About the true knowledge) with a desire to know. These wise men, those who see the truth of self, will teach you this knowledge" (IV:34)

A seeker is full of questions and a master is full of answers. My impromptu dialogs with the spiritual Master Nirguna Swami Akshara resulted in these chronicles which i present here for your personal contemplations and awakening..

-Puneet Banga

Monday, December 14, 2009

Managing lifestyle Pains and Stress

me: Namaste Swami ji! I want to discuss a non-spiritual issue today. Many in my professional field face
the issue of pains related to work...and few have been contemplating a break to concentrate on health aspects....philosophically it does not look ideal to me as it should be more of lifestyle change everyday...
Master Akshara: 1. Spiritual Issues
   2. Issues seen from a spiritual standpoint
There is nothing which can be separated from spiritual sense
..

me: Agreed....but my hesitation in asking this is because i understand that a master should not be expected to provide answers for lifestyle issues of people...many people feel that only way out for longevity in this career is change in lifestyle...... That's why they contemplate a break to enforce change...
Master Akshara: BREAKS ARE USUALLY good for stressed mind, the physical realm may have a break from punching a key but will continue on something else..What is required is a simple change of focus.

If you talk about lifestyle with reference to punching keys and looking into monitor screen, then I think I am at it much longer than most software guys..just that im not paid for it..but then im quite fine

me: :-) Yes that is the lifestyle i am mentioning....which invariably brings in some nagging stuff in hands, shoulder, neck and back etc....so how do you manage to be fine physically...any particular nuance which we may adapt
Master Akshara:  :) I think I
1. Enjoy my work
2. Don't consider it a work
3. Have the right to reject work which I am not upto
4. Change the nature of work
5. Listen to music while I work
6. Take a walk every time I want
7. Understand the nature of my work well
8. Watch TV in between
9. Meet people a lot
10. Always its different never repetitive
11. Sometimes I can stretch my back

But i guess sitting has caused unseen damages on my body too, still I don't mind such damages and I am thankful to the body for serving me right. I have a lot of reverence to every part of my body..so i don't tend to abuse it and not even "use" it but allow it to express itself..its totally natural..

me: It's great... i think the people in my industry have the liberty to adopt most of the points what you have mentioned.....reverence of body is something i think would be unique for us, we have never looked at body in that sense and probably that's why there is an abuse factor.

Still as you say...some of the affects of this kind of work on body will happen....
Master Akshara: Do not expect a prim and crisp body after this many years as there is a natural tear and wear even to the body..But if you accept it gracefully,then the stress of seeing your body deteriorating can be avoided..

If one does not expect and builds a particular lifestyle..any definite lifestyle will cause stress. Be it a body builder or even a fitness freak but if one just allows things to happen as they happen and makes sure what he does makes sense to him then its all play and no work

The stress happens when one does something which makes no sense to him..

me: That is a wonderful statement...being a part of this moment and doing only what makes sense...that's all ...
Master Akshara: Sure. Give it a conscious try..life can transform itself suddenly..

me: ok Swami ji... i will take a leave from you now...Namaste!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment